On Wednesday's shopping call Julie Soviero announced the total savings from her ShopToEarn/ShopToEarth Shopping Challenge. If you’ve been following on the blog, you know that her savings have been incredible. Julie has been going about her normal spending habits for the last month but has ONLY been shopping through her ShopToEarn and ShopToEarth site (with allotted trips to the grocery store).
Julie also has embraced social media and has been documenting her shopping tips and savings on Twitter @JulieSoviero. Be sure to check out @ShopToEarn and @ShopToEarth on Twitter and get in the conversation.
The links below recap Julie’s month-long shopping savings, which hopefully can be applied to your online shopping. Julie also shared her tips for transitioning to online shopping and working her business to the full extent.
See Day 1 – 9
See Day 10 – 20
See Day 21 – 30
Julie’s Shop To Earn Shopping Tips
- Make a calendar and schedule out your plans for the month
- Plan ahead! Everyone has birthdays or special occasions, so shop ahead of time
- Use coupons – Shop To Earn shares special retailer coupons for online shopping that give you an additional percentage back on your purchase, most include free shipping
- Recycle! You will have extra packaging and shipping boxes so either give them for free on Craigslist (believe me, people will come pick them up) or save for garbage day and recycle!
- Try new products. Shop To Earth has an abundance of great products that most people would never try. Sweet Wheat has done wonders for my skin!
- Always check Priceline for travel and hotel accommodations, it saves a ton!
- Have fun. Browsing items online can be fun and open new doors to favorite stores and brands!
We encourage you to use your business in the way it was intended.
Shop Green. Live Green. Save Green.
ShopToEarn and ShopToEarth